Monday, July 26, 2010

Running 2010

So I completed my first 5k of my running season 3 weeks after Liv was born. I finished at 34 minutes and ran the entire 3.1 miles. I just completed my second 5k of my running season and finished at 32 minutes. Not the best time but considering that I just had a baby, I say I did okay. I have 2 more 5ks in August and am going for 30 minutes for both. I am not the fastest runner but enjoy the long distance running. I will Start September with a bang and do a 10 mile run and end September with a 10k. I have been training for the last couple months and now really training for my 1/2 marathon in October. Crazy! I know! I can't help it. Before I was pregnant I was running a 8 1/2 to 9 minute mile so I am working on regaining that speed. I will. It just takes discipline and training. I won't stop until I accomplish this. Like I said, I am not the fastest runner but I enjoy the sport of running. It is a sport that drives me to be better! I love it! I will keep you posted on each run. My biggest fan is my husband Andrew. He comes to every run and is cheering me on the entire time. I am so grateful that he supports me in this and is willing to wake up early mornings twice a month to watch me. He loves it and continues to encourage me to do better! I love him so much and so proud of him for doing his first run with me. He completed the Davis Moonlight Night race at 30 minutes!!!! Yes he smoked me! But he is just awesome like that!!!

No comments: