Thursday, August 5, 2010
Let the Training Begin
So I am preparing myself for a 10 mile run (Buffalo Stampede) in September and a 1/2 Marathon in October. I am on a training program that I have used in the past that is really awesome and has helped me achieve my fitness goals. I have 8 more pounds I want to lose before September to get down to pre pregnancy weight. I am not to worried about that because I know that it will come off if I am training the way I am. Andrew is so wonderful to let me do what I love. I am a little attention deficit so doing this keeps me focused and is almost like therapy. I am swimming 2 days a week and swimming over a mile each workout. I run 3 days a week and one day is an extremely long run. For example Saturday is a 7 mile run. I have one day of a work out class of my choosing and also spend 2 days of my running days doing weights and strength training also. Friday is my only day to rest. Makes me tired just thinking about it! But so much fun. I have friends that I train with and we really enjoy it! My friend Nancy Geweke will be running the 10 mile run with me. I do a 5k next weekend alone. First time running one alone but Andrew will be there to cheer me on! So that is what has been going on in my life besides all the fun we have been having with our little girls. I taught Elka how to swim without any floatation device by spending almost everyday at the pool and practicing. We are going to Tahoe in a couple weeks and get to spend time with Kevin and and more of Andrew's family. We can't wait! Fun Fun Summer!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you need a weight you could always just drag me :) NO way I could keep up!!! So proud of you and your determination Whit!
Post a Comment