Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mammoth 2010

Mammoth is our home away from home. It is filled with so much adventure and beauty. From biking to hiking to swimming to anything your heart desires. Elka decided she wanted to do the zip line. All her older cousins have done it every year and she told us she wanted to also. At first we were unsure because it was so high and she would have to climb a steep ladder all the way to the top of the platform. She was so brave and convinced us she could do it. You spend a lot of money and don't get it back if the child decides not to do it. So it was a chance we were willing to take! She loved it and showed no fear. I have a fear of heights but I would never want to hold my children back from what they want to do. She is so much like Andew! It is so fun to see your child develop into such smart and fun individuals. Elka is unique and one of a kind. A girl who decided to walk at 8 1/2 months, run at 9 months, potty trained herself at 16 months, as you can see there is no stopping this driven little girl! I am so proud of her and who she is becoming. I pray that God be with her in all her adventures in life. She reminds me of the type who will be skydiving with daddy... I should pray for myself and all the fear I will have to overcome!!! God be with me!!!


No comments: